Put together a RASSPL Fish Handling video using the RASSPL bucket and mat system. These videos should be uploaded onto the RASSPL Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Rock-And-Surf-Super-Pro-League-162436383790950/)
under the hashtag #RASSPLhandling17 and the scientific advisory team will then select the video that demonstrates the best fish handling skills. The best videos will be screened at the RASSPL Nationals prize giving and the winner of the competition will also be announced.
As the video will be placed on the RASSPL website, it is critical that the anglers shown in the video are wearing their RASSPL franchise apparel.
- The video should include:
- Landing the fish and placing it into the bucket
- Unhooking, handling and measuring the fish
- Holding and photographing the fish
- Releasing the fish
The videos will be judged by the RASSPL Research Team and some of the criteria will include:
- adherence to the RASSPL rules
- the amount of time that the fish is exposed to air (obviously we recognize that some species are more difficult to handle than others)
- the level of organization of the angler
- the speed of the overall event
- the timing and location of the release
Anglers are welcome to upload as many entries of any species of fish that they capture. Anglers do not need to be participating in a RASSPL event while filming their videos, you need only wear your RASSPL franchise gear.